Social networks are being referred to a a new phenomenon, however, the interesting thing is that social networks are as old as people. According to Wiki – A social network is a social structure made of individuals (or organizations) called “nodes,” which are tied (connected) by one or more specific types of interdependency, such as friendship, kinship, financial exchange, dislike, sexual relationships, or relationships of beliefs, knowledge or prestige.. Thus, we’ve created these types of social networks for as long as amoeba had the ability to have amoebae…..
The new kid on the block that everyone is excited about is called, Internet Social Network. The beautiful thing about internet social networks is that they connect many more people easier than the old fashion networks where people have to be physically present to take advantage of them. Cyber space and internet connectivity has created the ability for us to have “Super Nodes” and groups of people all over the world for the first time EVER, who can connect and communicate on any topic for any reason. This is something that has far reaching implications and benefits!
There are many flavors of social networks on the internet from Dating to Orchid Growing. The one’s that i’d like to refer to are “Professional Social Networks”. These are the ones that I use and focus on to build relationships to help job seekers and employers meet each other. The one’s that I am intimately familar with are on my website; http://www.TheFriendZone.Tv and I highly recommend you join them if you are a job seeker.
Six Social Networking Sites I recommend:
1. LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a popular networking site where alumni, business associates, recent graduates and other professionals connect online. (I have over 15 million people in this network that I’m officially connected to – you can probably find a job in my network alone)
2. Plaxo: Join Plaxo to organize your contacts and stay updated with feeds from Digg, Amazon.com, del.icio.us and more. Plaxo has recently added a social network look and feel to there site with the addition of a ‘Jobs’ catagory.
3. Facebook: Facebook is no longer just for college kids who want to post their party pics. Businesses vie for advertising opportunities, event promotion and more on this social-networking site.
4. Twitter: a very new phenomenon that is one of the fast growing social networks that utilizes the ability to micro-blog messages. Many recruiters and headhunters are using this service to post positions for job seekers!
5. Youtube: Interesting addition to my list here, however, Youtube has some PHENOMENAL resources for job seekers that will expidite the learning experience and connect you with some amazing people when used correctly.
6. Visual CV: This is a really new comer to the world, with a focus on the Visual CV or Resume. This is a multi-media way of presenting yourself to the world in a way that is only possible due to the internet.
These Six tools alone have hundreds of millions of connections associated with them and have the ability to turn your job search into a laser beam targeted campaign.
Now here’s the question of the year – Do you know how to use Internet Social Networks to Find Your Dream Job?
Most job seekers don’t really understand the power of these profesional social networks, because they are fairly new, but most importantly, because they don’t have to. I’ve been a professional headhunter and business strategist for years and my salary has depended learning these technologies, so my motivation has been higher than many. Although as a result of the current economic environment, I’m sure that there are many job seekers who are having to learn aproaches that they have never thought about – which is why I’m sharing with you.
Therefore, here is what you will need to do to learn some of my secrets:
1. Go to my website (www.TheFriendzone.Tv)
2. Link to me on all of them – I have very mature networks.
3. Download my FREE book, “How to Find Your Dream Job Even in a Recession” – Selling on Amazon.com for $35.00 – My investment in you!
4.View my video training course on “The Power of Social Networks – How to Use Linkedin Like a Headhunter”. This is in the Dream Job Online Coaching System.
5. Go to http://www.JobRadioUsa.com and take advantage of the FREE information that is being given to anyone who wants it!
That’s it for now – I don’t want to overwhelm you too much, however there is a lot of work to do if you want to get up to speed. Also, be sure to contact me if you have any questions or need any help!
Master Career Strategist
“If you’re not a Friend, you’re just another Job Seeker”