Greetings! My blogs are going to be a combination of philosophy and actionable items, it’s just the way i think. That being said, here are Six things you should do immediately if you are in the market for a job.
1. Register on several key social networking and online resources (be clear on what name you will register also!)- I recommend;
- Twitter (read Walter Akanas’ great post on why Twitter is so useful for your personal brand)
- You Tube
2. If you are this way inclined – register with your National Speakers Association. They offer networking events and resources for improving your public speaking!
3. If relevant to your brand, approach your local paper and ask how you can contribute a column or expertise!
4. If you have the time and interest – start your own blog! If you do not have the time or interest, research the best blogs that are relevant to your personal brand, and approach these bloggers to seek the opportunity to ‘guest blog’ (Dan Schawbel wrote a super post on blogging)
5. Research the most relevant networking events, and register to attend (have a plan for the event also!)
6. Be sure to monitor your reputation and make comments online where relevant (reputation management) – this is a great post also from Dan on this subject.
- Set up a Google Alert for your name
- Monitor your name on Twitter with www.tweetscan.com
- Register for a Yahoo News Alert for your name
7. Read blogs and forums on subjects relevant to your expertise; comment on these blogs, and contribute to forums!
8. Update your Signature block on your email to make sure it reflects your personal brand.
9. Update your business cards and stationary to reflect your personal brand (visit www.moo.com for some great ideas here)
There are literally 100’s of ways to communicate your personal brand once you are clear on what your brand is! You can have a lot of fun online and offline communicating your brand…just remember to listen to feedback, adjust your methods if you have to, and stay consistently persistent!
Please visit my website, www.TheFriendZone, There are a ton of very good resources here for anyone who is serious about their career or job search!
I hope to see you in The Friend Zone!
Master Career Strategist
Related articles by Zemanta
- How Employers are Hiring Online
- Bet You Didn’t Know Micro Blogging Could Be This Simple
- Develop a Strong Personal Brand Online Part 1
This info came from Luke Harvey – Palmer’s Blog